At Findus/Nomad foods, we want to serve the world with better food and make it easy for everyone to succeed with tasty, healthy and sustainable dinners. To do that, we need to expand our RDQ- team with an Assistant RDQ Manager with strong business focus and entrepreneurial mindset. RDQ is short for Research, Development and Quality and these are the areas you will work within to move our function forward.
This Nordic role is Malmö based and works in close partnership with our factories, Marketing, Sales, Supply chain and Procurement, as well as Nomad Foods central functions. It’s a significant role in the organization where you will contribute as a consumer & technology champion.
Although we are looking for someone who´s based in the Malmö region, it's important to know that the responsibilities go across borders. We want you to be eager to work in a commercial environment and to grow within Nomad foods. As far as qualifications and experience goes, it’s essential that you have a degree within food science/engineering. Ideally you would have 1-3 years of experience of similar work, but we will emphasize on your personality/drive/fit for the role. Your colleagues will work across the Nordics as well as across Europe, and therefore it´s required that you speak English fluently.
You will report to the RDQ Manager Sweden who is also based at our HQ in Malmö. Furthermore, you will work in partnership with R&D Implementation, central Quality colleagues, Technical Expertise and copackers as well as your colleagues in the Nordic RDQ team.
These will be some of your tasks and responsibilities
- Manage projects and activities in the local pipeline of innovation, renovation and fuel for growth.
- Take responsibility for risk, quality and legality for products in the portfolio.
- Ensures product & ingredient specifications are created and written to be fully compliant & audit ready
- Organize product tasting sessions
- Drive quality improvement and manage customer complaints and enquires
- Customer technical contacts in collaboration with sales
- Coordinate certifications within the head office
- Product development, create recipes and implement process changes to current products
- …and of course embrace company values, culture change and drive self-development
Formal and personal qualifications
- Degree level in a technical subject, eg Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Physics or Nutritional sciences
- Initial experience (1+ years) within the Food & Drink industry in a Technical/Quality/Product Development role
- Proficient in English and Swedish
- Strong understanding of the local culture, markets, media and local language
- Eager to anticipate consumer behavior and to work in a commercial environment
- Awareness of consumer habits, practices, usage, needs & preference drivers
- Record of successful product development within food or a role in food quality management
- Food labeling regulatory knowledge
- Nutrition knowledge
- Experience with co-pack manufacturing operations
Eating for the planet - some of our sustainibility highlights in Sweden
- 100% MSC & ASC certified fish portfolio
- 100% green electricity in factories
- Our pea Ebba, a climate certified pea by Svenskt Sigill
Read our Nordic sustainibility report here: https://www.findus.se/hallbarh...
Read our global sustainibility report here: https://www.nomadfoods.com/eat...
- Career- and development opportunities in a wide role, with space to grow and chance to join the business in other parts of Europe/in the Nomad foods family.
- New fascilities at Dockan, Malmö with a wonderful "test kitchen" and colleagues with long expertise within both R&D and Quality.
- Contract according to collective agreement, with a work week of 38,75 hours per week and extra "work shortening hours", as well as health and wellness allowance.
Learn more about Nomad Foods here: https://www.nomadfoods.com/
Learn more about Findus Sweden here: www.findus.se
It might sound like we ask for a lot, but we will offer plenty of space for growth within the role. Sounds exciting? Hurry up with your application in English before 31st of October! We don’t accept applications through e-mail/linkedin, only here: https://jobb.findus.se/jobs/pr...
For any questions about the role, please reach out to RDQ Manager Sweden Petra Prejer at firstname.lastname@example.org, any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR Business Partner Amanda Wiberg at email@example.com or +46 708208655.